Karla Freeman is a storyteller, workshop facilitatior, consultant and coach. In her hands, storytelling can be transformative, entertaining, and just plain fun. Karla brings audiences into mythic worlds and weaves universal themes into her original stories.
Her many years in performance and healing work lends depth as humor and wisdom come through her words.
Karla divides her time between Dublin and Oaxaca, Mexico and other places as she offers storytelling performances and workshops worldwide; for the most part in Europe, South America and Mexico. Her love of cultures, words and sharing led to her work in storytelling.
· She attended the International School of Storytelling in Forrest Row, England and learned the craft and art of biographical storytelling from master storytellers in Crete. She feels inspired by peoples' stories and wants to support you in telling stories well.
· Her professional training includes a Masters in Social Work at Fordham University in New York and postgraduate training psychoanalysis at the Training Institute also in New York; Her training in trauma therapy (Somatic Experiencing) was completed in 2003.
· She also spent 2 years at Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California, training in various body mind therapies
· As a writer she has attended many years of courses in fiction and non-fiction writing as well as in poetry.
· She a published author, Creating Magic in Midlife, a guide to the 2ndhalf of life, as well as has been a columnist on expat living for Cuenca High Life, an online magazine based out of Ecuador. She has published many articles as well.
· Her work evolved over the years to include all this previous trainings and travels globally.
Performances are given at storytelling events, festivals, conferences, and small, intimate settings. Actually, any setting large or small will do.
Karla facilitates storytelling workshops offered to groups worldwide.
Contact Karla to set up a performance or performance/workshop for your group, theatre, home. Questions?
You can buy Karla's book Creating Magic in Midlife
Storytelling as a traveling storyteller, Karla comes to you. Or, if you want to come to events in your area you can see her calendar. If your imagination goes beyond these possibilities, we can explore your wishes.
Shows include: CrossRoads: a mermaid's tail, Tango Journeys, My father had Alzheimers, Listen to the Swami.
For more information, please contact us.
You plan the event and invite the audience, pick the show. You are in charge of the size, the place and the type of experience.
January 25, 2018
CrossRoads: A mermaid's tail
Forest Row, England
March 18-23, 2018
Next Steps: storyteller workshop
with Ashley Ramsden
She is will be in Europe for the spring, and summer.
Howth Poetry Night
June 1, 2019
CrossRoads: A mermaid's tail
Date coming soon
There's much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about us. We hope you enjoy our site and take a moment to drop us a line.